RDA Application (CMS)
Submit this form to apply for a Restricted Data Agreement (RDA) to access HRS linked CMS data through the NIA Data LINKAGE Program (LINKAGE) Enclave.
Note: The NIA Data LINKAGE Program was formerly known as the Medicare and Medicaid Resource Information Center (MedRIC).
The application can not be saved before submitting, so make sure you have the following information and documentation before you begin:
- Project title and research abstract
- A short description of each of the following:
- The HRS Restricted data products and variables you intend to use in your research, including planned data analyses
- Why the public data are not adequate for your research purposes
- How the results you plan to export or publish will comply with the requirements of disclosure limitation review
- Documentation of Full Board or Expedited IRB review and approval of your research plan, in .pdf format
- If the study team includes members who do not have a formal affiliation with the receiving institution, IRB documentation from every additional represented institution is also required
- Information on the requested CMS-HRS data products:
- Data sets and file years requested
- Data encryption level (standard, geographic, or provider)
- A brief justification of requests for data sets with geographic or provider variables (if requested)
- Information on the study team. Include the following information:
- role on project
- business address and phone number
- institutional email address (Gmail, Yahoo, or other personal email addresses are not allowed)
- current CV, in .pdf format
- indicate if the team member requires access to the data
- if the Principal Investigator is a student, a letter of support from an advisor is required
- A completed HRS-RDA User Tracking Spreadsheet, in .xlsx format
After the application is submitted, all team members will be asked to create an account on this website and submit the HRS Disclosure Limitation Review Policy Agreement form.