RDA Application (VDI)
Submit this form to apply for a Restricted Data Agreement (RDA) to access HRS Restricted Data through the MiCDA Enclave VDI.
The application can not be saved before submitting, so make sure you have the following information and documentation before you begin:
- Project title and research abstract
- A short description of each of the following:
- The HRS Restricted data products and variables you intend to use in your research, including planned data analyses
- Why the public data are not adequate for your research purposes
- How the results you plan to export or publish will comply with the requirements of disclosure limitation review
- Documentation of IRB review and approval of your research plan from your institution, in .pdf format
- A completed HRS-RDA MiCDA Access Agreement, in .pdf format, signed by the institution representative, the principal investigator, and all members of the project team. If the project includes team members from more than one institution, an agreement must be submitted for each institution
- The Principal Investigator's CV, in .pdf format. If the Principal Investigator is a student, a letter of support from an advisor is required
For each additional project team member, you need:
- Name, Address, Phone Number and Email Address
- Role on project
- Indicate if the team member requires access to the data
Team members who require access to the data will be asked to create a website account and submit a Data Security Plan and a CV in .pdf format. They will also be asked to electronically review and agree to the MiCDA Data Enclave Acceptable Use Policy Agreement, the ISR Pledge to Safeguard Respondent Privacy, and the HRS Disclosure Limitation Review Policy Agreement form.
Team members who do NOT have access to the data will be asked to create a website account and submit the HRS Disclosure Limitation Review Policy Agreement form.