RDA Application (Traditional License)
Submit the form below to apply for a Restricted Data Agreement (RDA) to access HRS Restricted Data through a Traditional License.
The application can not be saved before submitting, so make sure you have the following information and documentation before you begin:
- Project title and research abstract
- A short description of each of the following:
- The HRS Restricted data products and variables you intend to use in your research, including planned data analyses
- Why the public data are not adequate for your research purposes
- How the results you plan to export or publish will comply with the requirements of disclosure limitation review
- Proof of current U.S. federal funding held by the Principal Investigator. The Principal Investigator must also be affiliated with the receiving institution, and must have a position or title equivalent to a permanent tenured or tenure-track faculty member.
- Information on the study team (i.e., anyone who will have access to the restricted data.) All study team members must have a formal affiliation with the receiving institution. Include the following information:
- role on project
- business address, email, and phone number
- current CV, in .pdf format
- indicate if the team member requires access to the data
- A completed Data Protection Plan, in .pdf format.
- See Creating Your HRS Data Protection Plan for more information on creating your Data Protection Plan
- For Standalone Workstations:
Include a completed Traditional License Restricted Data Security Plan Checklist for each workstation, in .pdf format
- For Networked Workstations:
Include a completed HRS RDA NIST 800-171 User Tracking Spreadsheet, in .xlsx format.
- For MedRIC Enclave:
Select this option only if your project is NIA-funded, and you are requesting HRS-CMS linked data. Include a completed HRS RDA NIST 800-171 User Tracking Spreadsheet, in .xlsx format.
- Obtain from your institution:
- Institutional Federalwide Assurance (FWA) Number
- Institutional Policies on data confidentiality, in .pdf format
- Documentation of Full Board or Expedited IRB review and approval of your research plan, in .pdf format